Tuesday, December 18, 2012

On the Sixth Day of Christmas ...

Today's gift comes from Dawn!  Thank you, Dawn!

First of all, I have to share with you the cute little box that the gift arrived in.  Check it out ...

This tiny little box came to my mailbox just like this ... talk about a fun package to receive!  So cute.  That's what I love about this gift exchange in particular ... the wrappings are almost as fun as the gift inside! 

And this is what was inside ...


This is a beautifully sparkly decoration.  The front spells out "Joy" and the back is decorated with a rhinestone.  I would have included a photo of the back, but I seldom am able to capture the beauty of rhinestones with my camera so I figured it was going to be fruitless. 

I love the way this is assembled with the chain, the little glittery ball at the end, and how beautifully it adds a touch of holiday brightness to my living room wall.  I was thinking of hanging it from the mantle, because then it would be able to move around a bit more and some of the sparkle on the back would come forth now and then, but, most of our decorations are in the living room, and my mantle is in the family room ... which is to become my studio.  Yay!  :)

But that's another story.  I do love this little decoration - thank you Dawn for this clever little piece of art.

No comments: