Saturday, November 3, 2012

No Excuses!

Well... maybe a few.  Ha!

Yeah, I've been dreadfully absent from my art blog once again.  If you really miss me, you can always check out my tea reviews on SororiTea Sisters (we recently added a new sister to our SororiTea, and we're thrilled to have her on board!) 

To tell the truth, I haven't been doing a whole lot as far as art is concerned.  I've just been too occupied with other things, and too overwhelmed by the state of my studio to get in there and do any serious organizing.  Which seriously needs to be done ... as in MUST be done.  I'm tired of making it my New Years Resolution every year and still doing nothing about it.

I have managed to do a few things, though.  Earlier this year, I was part of a fat book swap with a Transportation theme.  Every one of my pages was a little different, based on what ephemera I had available to me, but the color scheme was pretty much the same on each one ...

I'm currently in the final "planning" stage of my 12 days of Christmas gift for the annual swap that I take part in.  For the previous years, I usually made ornaments, mostly because I LOVE altered art ornies!  Most of my tree ornaments are altered art pieces, I only have a few "store bought" ornaments, and even those store bought ornaments are all unique in some way (no boxed bulbs in this house!) 

But this year for the swap, I've decided to do something a little different, a little bit out of the box.  Mostly what lead me to this decision is the fact that most of October I was either laid up because I sprang my ankle, or sick because I had a very nasty cold that I'm still getting over, and I didn't have the time I needed to experiment and figure out my ornament.  So I chose something that I knew I could do without much experimentation.  It's going to be a fun project, one that I hope the other ladies in the swap will enjoy as much as I do.

For now, that's all, I just felt I needed to shake out the cobwebs of the blog before the 12 days of Christmas swap starts!!!

~Anne

1 comment:

Karen said...

i hope that you have fun with the swap. also.... when i was completely stuck with my studio, i took a photo, organised and cleaned for an hour or so, took an other photo and so on. somehow seeing it through the "unobjective" lens gave me a clearer picture of what was needed most and where to start. take good care.