Sunday, December 16, 2012

On the Fourth Day of Christmas ...

 On this Fourth Day of Christmas, I'm to open a package from Regina!  The wrapping is a plain brown bag that had been hole-punched to thread threough a piece of festive red twine to secure the bag as well as attach a label that said "day 4".  Accompanying this brown bag was this cute little greeting card.



Tucked inside the bag was this cute "altered art" tree - made of a bottle brush type tree atop two wooden spools that have been wrapped with paper, twine and holiday-ish fibers.  This is really cute!

This will make a great addition to my holiday decorations.  At the moment, it sits next to my computer, but, I think I'm going to find a new place for it on a shelf in the living room so that everyone can enjoy it!

I just love gifts like this, gifts that reflect for me what altered art really is about.  Taking something that might otherwise be a "throw away" item (thread spools) and turn them into something really special.

It's adorable, Regina!  Thank you so much! 

No comments: