Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Happy Earth Day, Everyone!

Whenever I hear "earth day" it conjures up memories of my college days, when I was very heavily involved with student government, and served as the student body representative of environmentalism. I would plan events to help create environmental awareness. Earth day was always my big 'hurrah' because I would have hemp bracelet knotting tables for the students to make their own free hemp bracelet... free vegetarian goodies, stuff like that. It was always a lot of fun to try to think of something new to do for the students.

It was also a huge undertaking, and it really burned me out after a while. I highly recommend NOT getting involved in student goverment (at least, not on a college level), because you get involved in too much, and it really takes away from the time and energy you need to devote to your school work.

Anyways!



Some stuff that I've been working on lately... and I have pictures! This set of pictures are from a deco I designed for one of my favorite groups, EphemeralNotions. I hosted our monthly 'boxanotions" swap last month... basically, for our boxanotions, we are given a list every month of items to include in this box. Of course, the list is subject to our own interpretation of the items. For example, if the item is "Purple Ink" -- you can send a purple ink pad, or a purple ink pen, a jar of purple india ink... it's completely up to you what you decide.



Anyway, one of the items that I was to include in my boxanotions for my wap partner was "Wild Deco" -- and I created this deco (I didn't completely embellish it, but I put it together, and created the cover and first spread of the deco, and left the rest blank so that the artist who receives it can circulate it and have a deco for themselves when it's done)...

As you can see, I interpreted the phrase to create a circus deco. The top image is of the cover. As you can see, I had a lot of fun with distressed embossing powders -- one of my favorite art supplies! The second and third images are of the first inside spread. I had a lot more fun with this theme than I thought I would!

Anyways, I hope that my swap partner likes it.


That's all for now... I am nearly caught up... woo hoo!

~Anne

No comments: