Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tip In #2

Hello Again!

Well, as promised (and this is a momentous occasion, because even though I do promise -- and strive to keep those promises -- I rarely remember to go and post to the blog when I say I'm going to!) here is Tip-In #2 for the swap that I'm participating in.

This one is for Cathy, who stated that she'd like to have an "open theme" in other words, our choice! Now, usually I like these, but since I'm pretty new to Tip-Ins, I wanted to get a gentle nudge in the right direction, so I asked her what kind of themes were her favorites, and among the favorites she mentioned, she included one of my favorite themes (and my theme for this Tip-In swap!) Asian!


I am really quite pleased with this piece... another layered piece, and dimensional as well, the flowers at the corner left and the little Geisha in front of the bridge overlooking the irises "stand out" courtesy of pop-up glue dots. These two pieces are bits from an antique store find some time ago, they are "stand up" place cards. I trimmed the excess card stock away from the flower place card. I think they add just the right touch to this piece.

I hope Cathy likes it too!

Thanks for checking in with me!

~Anne

PS: don't forget my sale! It ends Sunday night at midnight!

No comments: