Monday, May 21, 2007

Monday, May 21, 2007

This past weekend sped by wayyyy too fast! I think I was expecting the world to stand still after finally finishing all those fatbook pages. ha!

I've spent a lot of time on my color infusion journal project, most of the time spent has been contemplating the colors chosen by each of the artists involved in the project. For example, the page that I've finished is Red/Black. I like these colors. Simplicity. I mean, you KNOW black and red. Know what I mean?

Not like some other colors.

NOTE: for the people in this project who might be reading this, please do not take offense at what I'm about to say, it's not my intention to offend, only to vent my own frustrations at the challenges you offered with the colors you selected. Some colors offer more challenges than others!

The color combination I'm finding most challenging at the moment are canteloupe and honeydew. I mean, I cut up a LOT of honeydew melons and canteloupe melons (although, I should say for all my European readers out there, the melons I cut are actually MUSKmelons and not true canteloupes), because these are my husband's and youngest daughter's favorite fruits. So, on any given week, I'm cutting up at least 3 or 4 melons...

So, why is it that I find these colors so challenging?

I don't know. But, I'm having a time with them. Finally, I took out my pigments and started experimenting... and came up with something that looks a lot like canteloupe and honeydew - well, at least to me, they look a lot like canteloupe and honeydew. I only hope that the artist who chose these colors enjoys the page I will be making for her using the colors I crafted.

Anyway, enough of my rant!

How about some more pictures? These first two pictures are my first fatbook page I made in the Nature Theme for Robin Whittemore's auctions. These fatbooks have been mailed off to be bound, and should be up for auction on ebay within the next couple of months.
Front of page 1:
back of page 1:

Front of page 2:


Back of page 2:

I hope you've enjoyed those! Thanks for reading along!
~Anne



No comments: