Saturday, January 24, 2009

Artfire Hot List #3!

Hello Everyone!

It's about time to do another feature from my Artfire Hotlist. There really are so many different, awesome artists on Artfire, and so many fantastic works of art to choose from, so, you might wonder how I choose what to feature on my Hotlist... well, really, it's what catches my eye for whatever reason, I might just be chillin' on the homepage, and see something that was just listed that makes me say "ohhh I want that!" -- it's really just that simple.

Other times, I'll be browsing through Artfire and find something so cool that I really MUST have it.

Anyways... here are four more items from my Hotlist...

First up, a spectacular bead from the Transitions in Glass Studio...

There are several really amazing beads available from Transitions in Glass, but I really like this one, titled Evening on the Lake. This bead reminds me of an abstract southwestern landscape by Georgia O'Keefe, one of my favorite artists.

Stunning!

Next up is an amazing painting from Jordanka's studio...

I feel a great connection with trees, even painted ones, and this Twisted Red Tree with Green Dots is no exeption. Again, there were several amazing tree paintings from which to choose in Jordanka's studio, however, I ultimately chose this one because I love the colors of this piece... bold, yet subdued. The line and shape of the tree is very free and uninhibited... it's just amazing!

The next item I'd like to share with you is from Elephant Dreams Studio...

There are some amazing photographs that can be found in Elephant Dream's Studio... but I was immediately drawn to this one, right off the front page, after it was listed the other day, because it reminded me of the cover artwork from Chinese Democracy (Guns N' Roses' latest album). For Christmas, my family bought me the vinyl issue of Chinese Democracy so that I could frame it and hang it on the wall (we don't have a record player!) and while the two bicycles are quite different in the two pieces, A Bicycle and Yellow Door reminded me immediately of the album cover of the album for which I have waited so many years, that I fell in love with the photograph immediately, and I must have it!

My last item from my hotlist that I will share with you today is a sculpture from The Studio at Crow Haven Farm...


I love this sculpture crafted out of polymer clay. It reminds me of something that might come from Tim Burton. Nostalgia - 1938 "He" is 7 inches tall... and rather than going in to detail, I thought I'd share another photo of it... and allow it to do the talking for me.

I love, love, love it!!!

Well, that's it for now... I hope that you enjoy this eye candy sent to you from my Hotlist on Artfire!

And, if you've been thinking about joining Artfire, please consider doing so under my referral! Register on ArtFire.com

1 comment:

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

Whooohooooo I'm on the Hotlist...Thank you so much for featuring my sculptures. I am so glad you love them. They are fun and I really enjoy creating them. Thanks again!
Cheers!