Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More from my Artfire Hotlist...

Well, I had hoped that I'd be posting some of my art this time -- specifically, Nancy's True Colors Journal -- but I'm not yet finished with it. Hopefully I'll get it finished tomorrow, so that I can post about it and share the photos on Thursday. In the meantime, I thought I might share with you some more really cool works of art from Artfire Artisans! These are a few of my favorite things that I've "stashed" on my hotlist!

Hotlist item #1, from Tatsuko's Studio...

The Square Sushi Platter Necklace... I don't really like sushi. I've tried a few vegetarian varieties (sorry, but I just can't knowingly eat raw fish, I just can't) -- none which have really impressed me. This pendant, on the other hand really does impress me. Entirely handcrafted out of polymer clay, the detail in this piece is amazing. Having worked with polymer clay a bit (certainly I'm no expert, but, I'm at least familiar with the stuff!) I just can't imagine getting this detailed with it.

So, while I might not be interested in eating the stuff... I certainly wouldn't mind wearing it...

Next on my hotlist, from Wovenlight's studio...


These GORGEOUS hand knitted angora/wool blend mittens! I love the color of these mittens! And, if you'll visit Wovenlight's studio, you'll see the cute little bunny (named Rosie) that donated the angora fiber to craft these beautiful mittens. And did you know that wearing angora can help with arthritis, and other joint or muscular pain? That's something I didn't know until I read the listing for this item... perhaps I might try to have Rosie donate some fiber to have a pair of socks to help me with my feet...

These mittens are definitely at the top of my "I WANT" list... yeah... visiting Artfire on a regular basis can be hazardous to your pocketbook!

This next item definitely appeals to the abstract artist in me... from Gwendoline's Studio...


These one of a kind, abstract lampwork beads are stunning! Gwendoline calls them "A Nice Morning" ... and I guess I can see that... the colors are joyful and celebratory... then again, the one on the bottom, center kind of looks like one of those things from last night's episode of Fringe! Each one of these beads are playful and fun!

These would be a stunning addition to any charm bracelet... or as the focal point to a necklace!

Speaking of charm bracelets, my final hotlist item that I'll share with you today comes from Radical Recycks Studio
This charm bracelet is titled "Whales Ashore" and I implore you to click on the link or the photo for a better look at this bracelet! The charms are crafted out of up-cycled plastic bottles! The bracelet is simply stunning, and being eco-friendly is a bonus!

Amazing!

I hope you enjoyed window shopping at Artfire with me!

Support the arts!

~Anne

No comments: