Sunday, July 29, 2007

More about my Teabag Book

OK... here are some more details of my teabag book...

You already saw the cover in my previous post.

The idea of doing a teabag book was inspired by this website. For those of you who know me at all, you can imagine that this project presented several immediate challenges for me. First off, I'm not a teabag kind of grrrrl. To use manufactured tea bags in this project seemed just... wrong to me. So I needed to find a way to use loose leaf tea for this project.

Hannah Grey to the rescue! I found these adorably dinky envelopes (ATC sized!) to use as the pages for my book.

Of course, the envelopes are white.... and there are few things less artistic than plain white paper/envelope/canvas ... well... you get the idea, right?

After attaching the envelopes to little cardstock stubbies to create the signatures for the book, I made simple ATCs (sans heavy embellishment, as I didn't want to add additional bulk to the book).

The two interfacing pages demonstrate the second challenge this project presented me... a handsewn binding. I am, by no stretch of the imagination... a seamstress... as one can see by my sad looking binding. At least it's sturdy. ha!
Which is why I decided the outer spine needed a fringe-y ribbon. It covered my shoddy stitchery... on the outside anyways... I just hope that the recipient (hi Teresa!) overlooks it. :)
Anyways... I hope that Teresa enjoys the book I made for this swap... it was a lot of fun to create this book!

No comments: