Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday, July 15

Well, today is the day! This is the final day for the color infusion swap, and all my pages need to be in the mail tomorrow! I'm very excited to have been a part of this project.
There are 4 more pages for me to display... first, Ria's Glacier Blue, Eggplant & Silver page...

The whole Paris theme came together while I was working on it, I was looking through my colors (papers) and my images, and I found the irises, which I thought would work well on this page. And, then I was just inspired to add the Eiffel Tower, it just seemed to play so well with the irises. Who needs Paris in springtime?

Next, here's Red's Orange, Yellow, Pink & a touch of Red page.


These colors proved a challenge for me. About 2 months ago, I found this gorgeous fabric that worked PERFECTLY within these colors... I rushed home with it, and stiffened it to make it like paper. Then as I started to work on it, I realized how busy the background was, that it just swallowed up anything else I put on there... which -- obviously -- wasn't what I wanted... back to the drawing board...

My next thought was to cut the fabric in such a way that I could use it as an accent on the page rather than as the background... this idea I loved, except for one thing, I botched up the background to make it just as busy as the previous one -- different, but still too much, and not what I wanted at all.

At this point, I was ready to go the simple route. I grabbed some watercolor paper and laid down a simple two tone background, I like the way the yellow and orange worked together. I'm quite happy with this page now! I hope that Red likes it too!

Next, here's Kerry's Blue & Burnt Umber page......




When she first announced her colors, she said the "blue that was popular now" -- I had no idea what that meant! LOL Fortunately I wasn't alone, and others (as well as myself) asked for elaboration... and she sent a color swatch. The color appeared to be a teal-blue to me... so that's what I went for. I hope Kerry is happy with the color too. It's a bit brighter and more blue than most teals I'm accustomed to (my colors for this Infusion swap are Teal and Grey with my preference of teal being more of the greenish teal color) ... but I like the way the Burnt Umber plays with the color... it almost makes the teal more alive.

Anyways, here's hoping these colors work alright for her... you probably can't see it in this image, but I wrote my journaling for Kerry's page on the postcard ... it's a quote from one of my favorite songs from Korn, "Coming Undone."

That's all for tonight, I will post Anita's page tomorrow! :)

~Anne









No comments: