Thursday, November 8, 2007

An additional review of UHU's fabric glue

For those of you who read my blog, you know that I did a review of UHU's Creativ Fabric Glue back in July. I wanted to post another brief review of the product, because I used it again, this time in a somewhat unconventional way, and was very pleased with the results.


This time, I used the glue to adhere handmade paper to the back of needlefelted fabric. I wasn't sure how well it would work, because of the woolen, loose, fibery properties of needlefelted wool fabric.





It worked great!



Some months ago, I hosted a felted ATC swap on my Yahoo Group ... and I wasn't sure exactly how I was going to adhere the information that we ATC artists generally include on the back side of the ATCs. At first, I figured I'd try some standard craft glue, but, I worried that it would cause the paper to warp or buckle, and I didn't want to finish the ATCs like that. So I decided to give the UHU Fabric Glue a try, and it worked amazingly well!

Not a buckle or warp anywhere, and in looking at the back side of the ATCs up close and in person, you can't really see (or feel) any tell-tale signs of how the paper was adhered to the felted fabric. I was very pleased indeed!

So... now all we need to do is convince UHU to start selling this stuff in the states!

~Anne

No comments: