Thursday, December 15, 2011

On The Second Day of Christmas...

Even though it's really early into the 12 Days of Christmas Swap, I must say how honored I am to be amongst such talented artists.

For the Second Day of Christmas, we opened a box from Barbara, and inside was the neatest little gift box! Check this out:

Clever, right? And yes, that is a spider adorning the box... it is a bit of foreshadowing of what is inside.

Tucked inside a beautiful bit of Joss paper, I found this beaded beauty:

Wow! OK, I'm not generally fond of spiders or other creepy crawling, scampering, or slithering bugs/insects ... but, this is one spider that is welcome in my house anytime. It's absolutely gorgeous!

A story accompanied this beautiful spider, telling the German legend of the Christmas Spider.

Thank you, Barbara, for such a wonderful surprise. This spider has found a new home, perched on the corner of my computer screen!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Nancy B said...

I am so glad to see that you are posting groups 3's gifties. I have got group 3 on my blog if you want to see. The spider and the heart from day one are really pretty and I know you will treasure them!